A Certificate of good conduct also known as police clearance certificate is issued by the DCI office. Apon application, it takes one to two weeks to get the certificate of good conduct. Note that the certificate of good conduct is valid for a period of one year after which you will be required to renew.
The application process starts at the ecitizen portal after which you will present a dully filled C24 form to DCI office together with other documents for processing. If your application is processed successfully , a police clearance certificate will be sent to your email.
Read also : EACC clearance certificate
Steps of applying for a police clearance certificate
- Login to the eCitizen portal and click Directorate of Criminal Investigations. Then click on make application.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the police Clearance.
- Download and print two(2) copies of your invoice, and one copy of your C24 on both sides of an A4 paper
- Present the C24 and inoives with an original National ID for adults and Original Birth Certificate for minors, to the DIRECTORATE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS for finger print processing.
During the submission you need the following:
- Download TWO(2) copies of the invoice and ONE(1) copy of the C24 printed on Both sides of a C24.
- Applicant in Person.
- Original ID card and its Photocopy or Birth Certificate & its copy for those under 18 years.
- Must allow his/her fingerprints and palm prints to be recorded on a prescribed fingerprint form C24.
Police Clearance Certificate fees
Police Clearance Certificate fees is Kshs. 1050.
Ensure you are using your eCitizen account to apply for your own Police Clearance Certificate. Applications applied on behalf of others will be rejected.
During submission you must come with original documents and photocopies of the same.
PRESENT THIS APPLICATION TO DIRECTORATE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS FOR FINGER PRINT PROCESSING ONLY .
And that’s how you apply for a certificate of good conduct or police clearance certificate here in kenya.