Fisrt time, second and subsequent Tvet helb loan application for academic year 2019/2020 is open until 15-Apr-2020.This loan/bursery is eligible for students pursuing Certificate and Diploma courses in select public universities, select university colleges, public national polytechnics and Institutes of Technology and Technical Training institutes country-wide.
until you attain the age of 18 years you cannot apply for the loan.The loan shall be due for repayment upon completion of studies. A grace period of one fiscal year is provided.
You are eligible for a loan in 2nd year and at any stage or level of your studies if you did not apply in 1st year. If you applied and was awarded a loan in 1st year. It is not automatic that you will get loan in subsequent years. You must apply and submit a loan application for every single year that you desire to be supported by HELB.
If you have a genuine need for additional funds, you can appeal amounts awarded to you by completing the loan review (appeal) form on www.helb.co.ke.
You can apply for the loan in your subsequent year if you were not successful in the previous year/1st year and be considered by writing a letter demonstrating your need for consideration for a loan.
How to apply for first time, second and subsequent Tvet helb loan/bursary
- Applicants should access and fill the 2019-2020 First Time and Second & Subsequent TVET Loan Application Form from the HELB portal www.helb.co.ke. New applicants should select first time while previous beneficiaries should select Second and Subsequent.
- Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors (for first time applicants only) and by the Dean (for subsequent applicants).
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the Loan Application Form.
- Drop the original application form at the HELB offices at Mezzanine Floor 1 [M1], Anniversary Towers or at any of the following Huduma Centre – HELB desk nearest to you i.e. Nairobi-GPO, Machakos, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu, Kakamega, Kisii, Nyeri, Embu, Kitui, Bungoma, Lodwar, Meru, Thika,Kitale, Kericho, Nandi, Muranga, Garissa, Narok, Migori, Chuka and Kilifi.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled Tvet loan application form.
Fisrt time , Second and Subsequent Tvet helb loan application is an easy process if you follow all the procedures accordingly. I wish you luck as you apply for the helb loan. If you need assistance or have a question concerning the topic, feel free to leave them on the comment box below and all try my best to answer.