e Passport application, renewal and replacement is done online via the ecitizen portal. To apply for the passport you need to login to www.ecitizen.go.ke, Fill in the form, print it, sign and date it, then add any other documents and photographs needed and return it for processing. Payments are made through mobile money, credit cards, debit cards or online banking.
How long does it take to get a passport?
Once your form has been physically submitted to the immigration offices, It should take at least 10 working days to get your first passport. For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It may take a longer period if more information is required or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
ALL Passport applications should now be made via passport.ecitizen.go.ke. Manual applications will NOT be accepted.
Read also : how to get a Helb Compliance Certificate
How to apply for an e Passport in kenya
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees (refer to the table below)
- Download and print the application form and three copies of the application invoice (receipt)
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices (Nairobi – Nyayo House, Mombasa – Regional Coordinator’s Office, and Kisumu – Provincial HQs)
- Please declare ALL your children during Passport application
Requirements during submission
- Applicants MUST appear in person for Biometric Enrolment
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three invoices
- Original birth certificate and one photocopy
- Original National ID Card and one photocopy
- Three current passport size photos
- One photocopy of recommender’s ID card
- Old passport for replacement plus photocopies of its last three pages
- Photocopies of parents’ National ID cards (if available) or Death Certificates (if deceased)
- For a lost Passport, a sworn affidavit, a police abstract and an explanation letter are required
- For a mutilated Passport, an explanation letter is required to explain the circumstances of the mutilation
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|
Read also : How To Apply And Get EACC Clearance Certificate
Ensure you are using your eCitizen account to apply for your own passport. Applications applied on behalf of others will be rejected
During submission you must come with original documents and photocopies of the same. Do not book travel until you have a valid passport – doing so is at your own risk.