The First Application/revision for Degree and TVET courses opened on February 17, 2020 and will close on March 9, 2020 at 5.00 pm. Please take note of the deadline since Late applications will not be accepted.
All the 2019 KCSE candidates who scored a mean grade of C+ and above will be given an opportunity for placement to universities and TVET institutions, while all those who scored C and below will be given an opportunity to apply for placement to TVET institutions.
If you need assistance during this application period, the KUCCPS Placement Service has set up desks in the following institutions to advise and support applicants as from February 24 to, February 29, 2020.
- Baringo Technical College
- Bomet University College
- Kibabii University
- University of Embu
- Tom Mboya University College
- Uhuru Vocational Training College
- Umma University
- Sigalagala National Polytechnic
- Kenya Highlands Evangelical University
- Kabete National Polytechnic
- Pwani University
- Kisii National Polytechnic
- Kisumu National Polytechnic
- Kenya Water Institute
- Laikipia North Technical and Vocational College
- Machakos University of Technology
- Wote Technical Training Institute
- Laisamis Technical and Vocational College
- Meru National Polytechnic
- Siala Technical Training Institute
- Kenya Coast National Polytechnic
- Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology
- Maasai Mara University
- Ol’lessos Technical Training Institute
- Nyandarua Institute of Technology
- Nyeri National Polytechnic
- Laikipia University, Maralal Campus
- Siaya Institute of Technology
- Taita Taveta University
- Kitale National Polytechnic
- Turkana University College
- Eldoret National Polytechnic
These support centres will remain available throughout the application period.
Before you apply for courses online( students.kuccps.net), here are the best careers of the future you may consider as posted by the Kuccps placement service.
- 3D printing
- Internet of things
- User experience design
- Digital Marketing
- App development
- Cyber security
- Data science
- Artificial intelligence
- Deep/Machine learning
This careers will help you choose wisely which course to apply for. But if you are not interested with this careers, there is no limit you can choose others like Law and Teaching.
Finally, all take you through how to apply For courses online on the KUCCPS Portal step by step.
How to Apply For courses online on the KUCCPS Portal( Application/revision for Degree and TVET courses )
Here is a short video that illustrates the process. If you don’t want to watch the video, just skip it and move down.
Step 1 : Login to the student portal using your KCSE INDEX NUMBER, KCSE YEAR (2019) and Use Your Birth Certificate No. / KCPE Index No (as used in KCSE Exam Registration) as your Initial Password.
Step 2 :Search for courses using the institution tab above.
Step 3 : As you look through the programmes, you may move the ones that interest you into the course basket.
Step 4 : You may also view the available programmes by clicking the programmes tab above. Remember that you will only be able to apply for a course whose minimum requirement you meet.
Step 5 : Once you have settled on your preferred courses, You will only be required to enter the programme codes.
Step 6 : To apply, Use the application/Revision tab. Enter the programme codes and submit.
Step 7 : An Application fee of ksh 1,500 is charged. A prompt for the Mpesa transaction code will appear if you are applying/revising for the first time.
Step 8 : Enter the transaction code and submit.
Step 9: The same transaction code will be required for any subsequent changes to your application. Therefore you are advised to retain it.
And that’s how you apply/revise your courses. if you have reached this far, congratulation. After successful application, you will have to give the kuccps placement service some time to process your data and place you in the university of your choice. Good luck.